Learn About FitDC
Living with HIV
The information posted here is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional. HAHSTA’s goal is to provide sufficient information so that visitors are able to become knowledgeable participants in their disease and disease management plan. The primary responsibility of your disease management plan is with your treating physicians and you should only follow your treating physician’s advice. DO NOT change or modify your disease management plan on your own without consulting your treating physician.
Find HIV/AIDS Services:
- Health Insurance Assistance Don't assume that if you have health insurance you are not eligible for some kind of assistance. Sometimes insurance does not pay premiums and co-pays. Call HAHSTA at (202) 671-4900 and ask to speak to a representative to see if you qualify. If you have just been diagnosed HIV positive it is important you start receiving care as soon as possible.
- What does Obamacare mean for somone with HIV?
- Tú & El Obamacare NUEVO!
- The Consumer Guide for People Living with HIV in DC NEW!
Ask your healthcare provider if you are up to date on any vaccinations!
- Aging and HIV
- Diet, Nutrition, and HIV
Frequently asked questions about Nutrition, Exercise, and Supplements
Regular Exercise gives people with HIV a Boost!
- 10 ways to SURVIVE and THRIVE with HIV
Nine Things to Know About HIV Treatment
FLU SEASON IS ALMOST HERE
HIV and the FLU | El VIH/Sida y la influenza NUEVO!
People with HIV are considered to be at increased risk and are strongly advised to get a flu shot.
FLU Shot Locator
- The DC AIDS Drug Assistance Program (DC ADAP)
Side Effects and Other Health Problems
Diarrhea and HIV
- HIV, the Gut and Digestive Issues
- Clinical Trials
The Denver Principals
Civil Rights and HIV/AIDS
- What do my "labs" mean?
HIV Drug Guide
Basic Information about HIV medications
- The HIV Disclosure Project (Canada)
- HIV and HPV
HIV and Street Drugs (and Alcohol)
Alcoholics Anonymous, Crystal Meth Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous
DC Office of Addiction Prevention and Recovery Administration
- HIV Treatment Adherence
- HIV and United States Veterans
HIV and Opportunistic Infections
I'm HIV positive but my partner is not (serodiscordant)
Notify someone anonymously that they may have been potentially exposed to HIV or an STD
Traveling with HIV/AIDS
Global Database on HIV-Specific Travel & Residence Restrictions
- HIV Patients in Care Lose more Years of Life to Smoking than to HIV Infection
Smoking is more lethal than HIV
A recent study highlights the dangers for people who are HIV+ that smoke.
DC Tobacco Free Families
If you are a DC resident you may qualify for free nicotine patches, lozenges, as well as other resources designed to help you quit smoking.
Positively Smoke Free
Quit smoking strategies for positive smokers
El Anuncio de Brian NUEVO!