The Board of Professional Counseling regulates the practice of professional counseling in DC. The Board administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications, recommends standards and procedures, and issues licenses. Moreover, the Board receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, and conducts hearings. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor: four professional counselors licensed in the District and one consumer member. Licenses expire on December 31 of even years.
Board of Professional Counseling September 2016 Board meeting will be held on 9/9/2016 at 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Professional Counseling Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Paper Renewal
- Criminal Background Check
- DC Municipal Regulations for Professional Counseling [PDF]
- NCE Exam Dates
- DC Municipal Regulations for Licensed Graduate Professional Counselors
- Licensed Graduate Professional Counselors Course Form [PDF]
- Board of Professional Counseling Agenda & Meeting Schedule
- Minutes for Professional Counseling