The Board of Respiratory Care regulates the practice of respiratory care in DC. The Board advises the Mayor and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications, administers examinations, recommends standards and procedures, issues licenses, and make reports. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements. The Board consists of five members appointed by the Mayor and approved by the council: three respiratory therapists licensed in District, one physician with knowledge and experience in the practice of respiratory care, and one consumer member. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
The Respiratory Care Board meeting scheduled for April 11, 2016 was cancelled.
- Respiratory Care Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Paper License Renewal Form [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Respiratory Care [PDF]
- Administrative Rules - DCMR Chapter 41 [PDF]
- General Rules - DCMR Chapter 40 [PDF]
- Health Occupations Revision Act [PDF]
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check
- Board Newsletter
- Open Session Meeting Minutes
- Open Session Agenda