DOH Service Telephone Directory
Select directory to view the telephones number of the various DOH services.
2015 DH0 Public Service Commission
The mission of the Public Service Commission (PSC) is to serve the public interest by ensuring that financially healthy electric, natural gas, and telecommunications companies provide safe, reliable, and quality services at reasonable rates for District of Columbia residential, business, and government customers. This mission includes:
- Protecting consumers to ensure public safety, reliability, and quality utility services;
- Regulating monopoly utility services to ensure that their rates are just and reasonable;
- Fostering fair and open competition among utility service providers;
- Conserving natural resources and preserving environmental quality;
- Resolving disputes among consumers and utility service providers;
- Educating utility consumers and informing the public; and
- Motivating customer and results-oriented employees.
Summary of Services
The Public Service Commission regulates public utilities operating in the District of Columbia by issuing orders in formal proceedings that may include written comments or testimony, hearings, studies, and investigations; ensuring fair and appropriate utility prices; fostering competition by licensing utility service providers and supervising the competitive bidding process; ensuring utility providers meet various environmental regulations and standards by operating in ways that conserve natural resources and preserve environmental quality; and resolving disputes among consumers and utility service providers.
In addition to its regulatory services, the Commission also conducts outreach via its website, public forums, and various literature in order to educate utility consumers and inform the public.