For questions regarding the Ebola virus, please call (202) 442-8141.
Breastfeeding Information and Support
Breast Fed is Best Fed!
Breast-feeding promotion and support is an integral part of the WIC Program. WIC strives to increase the incidence and duration of breast-feeding among women enrolled in the Program. The WIC Program provides:
- Trained breast-feeding personnel ready to assist mothers in making informed decisions about their infant feeding choic
- Breast-feeding peer counselors to provide support and counseling to WIC mothers
- Breast-feeding aids, such as manual and electric pumps or referral to sources of these items
- A special food package to participants who only breast-feed their babies. This food package includes canned tuna fish and carrots, as well as additional amounts of cheese, juice, and peanut butter or dry beans
- Referrals to lactation consultants or other resources
- Breast-feeding basics
Nutrition and Physical Fitness Bureau- WIC Program
Contact Suite #:
Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm