Learn About FitDC
Educator Licensure and Accreditation
To maintain the highest standards of service, accountability and quality to licensure applicants, local educational agencies, university partners, and local, state and federal stakeholders in the educational community.
Overview of Programs and Services
- Educator Licensure Services: Teachers, school-based service providers and administrators.
- Educator Preparation Program Approval and Accreditation: For District of Columbia colleges/universities, nonprofit organizations and local educational agencies (LEAs).
- Highly Qualified Teacher Resources and Guidance: Local Education Agency reporting requirements and Statewide, LEA and School Highly Qualified and Licensure Data
- Recognition and Support Opportunities for District of Columbia Educators
Grant Funding Opportunity
- Teacher Quality Improvement Grant Program: OSSE is soliciting applications for the development and provision of professional development programs aimed at enhancing student achievement in eligible Local Educational Agencies (LEAs)
Monday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm