For questions regarding the Ebola virus, please call (202) 442-8141.
The Food Safety and Hygiene Inspection Services Division inspects the city's 4,700 food establishments. Those food establishments include boarding homes, commission merchants, dairies, delicatessens, bakeries, candy manufacturers, grocery stores, retail markets, ice cream manufacturers, restaurants, wholesale markets, mobile vendors and hotels. The staff for the program includes 17 sanitarians, two supervisors, a program manager, and a food technologist.
- Closures and Restorations
- Frequently Asked Questions About E. Coli
- Frequently Asked Questions About Food Code
- Retail Food Emergency Guidelines [PDF]
- Food Services Guidelines for Special Events
- Fees for Inspections, Plan Reviews, Re-Inspection after Closures and Processing Variance Requests [PDF]
- Inspections List for Food Establishments [PDF]
- User-Friendly Version of the District of Columbia Food Code [PDF]