For questions regarding the Ebola virus, please call (202) 442-8141.
Grants Management and Compliance
About The Office of Grants Management and Compliance:
The Grants Management and Compliance Office works cooperatively with the local and federal government, grantmaking organizations and subgrantees to ensure that grants are managed properly and that government funds are spent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Other duties and functions of the Grants Management and Compliance Office are as follows:
- Develops policy and guidance that promotes student learning and achievement.
- Provides operational support to program managers in the areas of: budget preparation, contracts and procurement, report preparation and filing, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with other agencies and organizations to identify and address educational policy issues and concerns.
- Manages the relationship between OSSE programs and the auditor as part of the District’s federally-required annual A-133 single audit review.
- Oversees the implementation of the High Risk Corrective Action Plan, which will resolve US Department of Education grants management and compliance inefficiencies in the District.
- Manages the annual data collection and analysis of LEA financial data and submits these data as part of the US Department of Education’s National Public Education Financial Survey and the US Census’ F-33 report.
- Serves as the liaison with the OCFO on the development and execution of the indirect cost budget for OSSE.
Programs and Services:
- Enterprise Grants Management System (EGMS)
- Policy and Guidance
- Reimbursement and Reporting
- Technical Assistance
- Monitoring Performance
- OSSE Stimulus Information and Guidance
- National Public Education Financial Survey (NPFES) 2013 Data Collection