DOH Service Telephone Directory
Select directory to view the telephones number of the various DOH services.
Nursing Home Administration Licensing
The DC Board of Nursing Home Administration regulates the practice of nursing home administration. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications and administers exams; recommends standards and procedures; issues licenses; receives and reviews complaints; and requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues subpoenas.
The Board is appointed by the Mayor, with the advice and consent of the council. The Board consists of five DC residents, including a chair: two licensed nursing home administrators, one teacher of nursing home administration, one licensed physician or osteopath (who has a demonstrated interest in long term care), and one consumer. Professional members must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, not be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. Licenses expire on June 30 of even years.
Application Package Documents
- Nursing Home Administration Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Paper Renewal [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check
- DC Municipal Regulations for Nursing Home Administration [PDF]
- Administrative Rules - DCMR Chapter 41 [PDF]
- General Rules - DCMR Chapter 40 [PDF]
- Health Occupations Revision Act [PDF]
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- Nursing Home Administration Preceptors List
- Guidelines/Forms for Administrators-In-Training Program (AIT) [PDF]
- Request Forms for CEU Approval [PDF]
- List of Approved Continuing Education Courses [PDF]
- Continuing Education Approval Guidelines [PDF]
Nursing Home Administration Open Session Agenda Meeting Minutes [PDF]