DOH Service Telephone Directory
Select directory to view the telephones number of the various DOH services.
The Board of Pharmacy regulates the practice of pharmacy and the practice of pharmaceutical detailing in the District of Columbia. The Board advises the Mayor and enforces the law. The Board evaluates applicants' qualifications; recommends standards and procedures; issues licenses; and receives and reviews complaints. The Board requests investigations, conducts hearings, issues subpoenas, examines witnesses, administers oaths, and issues an annual report. Pharmacists licenses expire on February 28 of odd years and Pharmaceutical Detailers licenses expire on February 28 of even years.
The Mayor appoints the board members, including the chair. The Board consists of seven DC residents: five licensed pharmacists and two consumers. The pharmacists must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumers must be at least 18 years old, not be health professionals or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. Board members are appointed for a term of 3 years. Members may be appointed for two (2) consecutive terms.
The Board of Pharmacy meets the first Thursday of every month at 9:30am at the Health Regulation and Licensing Administration Office.
- Pharmacy Initial License Application Package
- NAPLEX and MPJE Score Results
- Immunization and Vaccination
- ACPE Continuing Education Database - Plan
- Continuing Education
- Pharmaceutical Control Division
- Pharmaceutical Detailers Information and Application
- Online License Renewal
- Criminal Background Check
- Pharmacy Inspection Fine Schedule [PDF]
- Policy Statements
- Laws and Regulations
- Board of Pharmacy Members and Meetings
- AccessRx - Prescription Drug Marketing Costs
- Adverse Event Reporting Form [PDF]
- Buying Medicine Online
- List of Sites Not Recommended
- Safe Disposal of Medications
- Complaint Process