The District of Columbia Department of Health provides services to women to assist them if they are pregnant or want to know if they are pregnant. Men can also receive services to assist them with parenting or pregnancy prevention. Services include:
- Free pregnancy testing
- Free condoms
Free Pregnancy Tests
Even at the very beginning of a pregnancy, your baby is developing fast, so it’s important to find out early on if you’re pregnant.
Women can obtain a free pregnancy test by calling 1-800-MOM-BABY (1-800-666-2229) to find a location near them.
Both men and women can receive free condoms and family planning counseling and referral by calling 1-800-666-2229.
For information call 1-800-MOM-BABY (1-800-666-2229).
Prospective and eligible parenting women and men also have an opportunity to participate in programs geared to educate and support their needs. These programs include:
- DC Healthy Start Project (DCHS) enrolls pregnant and postpartum women with infants up to 3 months. The Project provide case management/home visitation to eligible participants until the child’s second birthday. The Project also provides free pregnancy test and screenings in community settings as well as mobile curbside health services for pregnant and parenting women. The Project’s male component recruits and case manages men with infants up to 1 year old. The goal of the project is to improve birth outcomes and reduce the numbers of infants that die in Wards 5 thru 8.
INTRODUCING THE NEW DC HEALTH AND WELLNESS CENTER
DC Health and Wellness Center
77 P Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
The new clinic offers easy and affordable sexual health care with a bilingual staff, a convenient location, and same-day appointments. Our caring professionals offer expert services, including:
- Health screenings
- HIV and STD prevention resources
- STD treatment
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Hepatitis care
- Sexual health counseling and education
- Reproductive health services
- And more!