Qualifying patients in the District have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes when his or her primary physician has provided a written recommendation that bears his or her signature and license number. This recommendation must assert that the use of marijuana is medically necessary for the patient for the treatment of a qualifying medical condition or to mitigate the side effects of a qualifying medical treatment. See the requirements and instructions for obtaining an identification card in the links below.
- Patient Application Package
- Minor Patient Application Package
- Change of Information Form
- Registration Card Replacement Form
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)