The District of Columbia Department of Health promotes health, wellness and equity, across the District, and protects the safety of residents, visitors and those doing business in our nation’s Capital.
Our responsibilities include identifying health risks; educating the public; preventing and controlling diseases, injuries and exposure to environmental hazards; promoting effective community collaborations; and optimizing equitable access to community resources.
For information about our director or to learn more about administrations and programs within DOH, select from the links below:
- Director's Biography
- Center for Policy, Planning and Evaluation Administration (CPPE)
- Community Health Administration (CHA)
- Health Emergency Health Preparedness and Response Administration (HEPRA)
- Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA)
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Administration (HAHSTA)
- News Room
- Telephone Directory