Department of Health

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education

DC partners include faith-based organizations, DC Public Schools, Head Start programs, day care centers, hospitals, senior centers, Food Stamp agencies, non-profit agencies, and many other community organizations.

If you would like more information on DC EAT SMART/MOVE MORE, or would like to schedule a nutrition event for your organization, please call (202) 442-5876.

DC Eat Smart Move More [PDF] is funded by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) and is a partnership between the Department of Health and the DC Department of Human Services’ Economic Security Administration.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

SNAP and FDPIR State or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) [PDF], available to download from the USDA website, or at any USDA office.  You may also write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(202) 690-7442

[email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Updated: October 14, 2015

Service Contact: 
Nutrition and Physical Fitness Bureau
Contact Email: 
Contact Phone: 
(202) 442-9140
Contact Fax: 
(202) 442-4826
Contact TTY: 
Contact Suite #: 
3rd Floor
Office Hours: 
Monday to Friday 8:15 am to 4:45 pm