DOH Service Telephone Directory
Select directory to view the telephones number of the various DOH services.
Board of Nursing
The Board of Nursing is mandated to regulate the practice of registered nurses (RN), practical nurses (LPN), and advanced practice registered nurses (APRN)—nurse midwives, nurse anesthetists, clinical nurse specialists and nurse practitioners and trained medication employees (TME). The Board accredits DC professional nursing and practical nursing programs. It also administers a rehabilitation program, Committee On Impaired Nurses (COIN), established for nurses with impaired practice due to substance abuse or mental illness.
The Board consists of eleven DC residents, seven RNs, two LPNs, and two consumer members appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the DC Council.
- Online License Renewal
- RN Paper Renewal and Paid-Inactive Application
- Nursing Application Package
- Criminal Background Check
- Approved Schools of Nursing
- Certified Nurse Aides
- Trained Medication Employees
- Home Health Aides
- NURSYS™ Endorsement Verification
- Continuing Education Information
- Committee on Impaired Nurses [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations
- Open Session Board Meeting Minutes [PDF]
Interested in serving as a member of the Board of Nursing? Contact the Mayor’s Office of Boards and Commissions.