Learn About FitDC
Physical Therapy Licensing
The Board of Physical Therapy regulates the practice of physical therapy in DC. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications, administers exams, and recommends standards and procedures. Moreover, the Board issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, issues subpoenas, and examines witnesses and administers oaths, and issues an annual report. Members file personal financial disclosure statements.
The Mayor appoints the board members, including the chair. The Board consists of five DC residents: four licensed physical therapists and one consumer. The physical therapists must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, not be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. Licenses expire on January 31 of odd years.
The Board of Physical Therapy July 28. 2015 meeting has been Cancelled.
Next Meeting will be held on August 18, 2015.
- Physical Therapy Application Package
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- NPTE Score Transfer
- Jurisprudence Examination Registration
- Online License Renewal
- Paper License Renewal [PDF]
- Continuing Education Approval [PDF]
- Letter to Continuing Education Providers [PDF]
- Board Members
- Policy Statement- Electronic Participation in Board Meetings [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Physical Therapy [PDF]
- Health Occupations Revision Act [PDF]
- Administrative Rules - DCMR Chapter 41 [PDF]
- General Rules - DCMR Chapter 40 [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check
- Verify an Application Status
- Search for a Physical Therapist
- Calendar and Board Meeting Agendas
- Meeting Minutes - Open Session [PDF]
- Board Newsletter
- Physical Therapy Associations and Organizations
- File a Complaint
- Physical Therapy Association-Consumer Reports Health