For questions regarding the Ebola virus, please call (202) 442-8141.
The Mission of the Department of Health is to promote and protect the health, safety and quality of life of residents, visitors and those doing business in the District of Columbia.
Our responsibilities include identifying health risks; educating the public; preventing and controlling diseases, injuries and exposure to environmental hazards; promoting effective community collaborations; and optimizing equitable access to community resources.
For information about our director or to learn more about administrations and programs within DOH, select from the links below:
- Director's Biography
- Center for Policy, Planning and Evaluation Administration (CPPE)
- Community Health Administration (CHA)
- Health Emergency Health Preparedness and Response Administration (HEPRA)
- Health Regulation and Licensing Administration (HRLA)
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Administration (HAHSTA)
- News Room
- Telephone Directory