The DC Board of Dentistry regulates the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene in the District. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates qualifications, administers exams, and recommends standards and procedures. Moreover, the Board issues licenses, receives and reviews complaints, requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues an annual report.
The Board consists of seven DC residents appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the council: five licensed dentists, one licensed dental hygienist, and one consumer professional. Members must have been in practice for at least three years preceding appointmentand file personal financial disclosure statements. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, the consumer doesn't have to be a health professional, or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing health care. The Mayor appoints the chairperson. Licenses expire on December 31 of odd years.
The Board of Dentistry Meeting has been scheduled on Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
- Dentistry Application Package
- Dental Assistants Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Occupations Revision Act (HORA) [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dentistry [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Hygienists [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Dental Assistants [PDF]
- DC Dental Society
- American Association of Dental Boards
- American Association of Dental Administrators
- American Dental Association
- Meeting Calendar and Agenda
- Reporting a Name or Address Change
- Search for a Dentist
- Request Verification of a License
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- Open Session Minutes
- Demonstration Volunteer Policy