DOH Service Telephone Directory
Select directory to view the telephones number of the various DOH services.
HIV Prevention Planning Group
The HIV Prevention Planning Group (HPPG) is the group that guides HIV prevention in the District of Columbia, along with the DC Department of Health's HIVAIDS, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Administration (HAHSTA.)
Members of the HPPG include residents of the District who are interested in HIV prevention, researchers and academics, healthcare providers, and staff from community-based organizations. HPPG members reflect the diversity of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the District.
The HPPG is responsible for determining which populations are in greatest need of HIV prevention services, as well as deciding what are the best ways to meet those needs. HAHSTA, in turn, is responsible for implementing and funding programs and services that match the HPPG’s recommendations.
This web page presents an introduction the HPPG's process and current activities. Here you can read the minutes of the latest HPPG meetings, find out the dates and agendas for upcoming meetings, and find out how to get involved in the planning process. Please email the HPPG, or follow the links below for more information.
Application for the DC HIV Prevention Planning Group
- HPPG Members [PDF]
- HPPG Meetings and Membership
- Schedule of Meetings
- How to Get Involved
- HPPG Bylaws [PDF]
Links to Community Planning Publications
- District of Columbia HIV Prevention Plan 2011 – 2012 [PDF]
- CDC's HIV Planning Guidance
- Facilitating Meetings: A Guide for Community Planning [PDF]
- Advancing HIV Prevention: New Strategies for a Changing Epidemic
- Diffusion of Effective Behavioral Interventions
- The Ryan White Planning Council
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention