For questions regarding the Ebola virus, please call (202) 442-8141.
Occupational Therapy Licensing
The Board of Occupational Therapy regulates occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants in DC. The Board also advises the Mayor. The Board evaluates applicants' qualifications, recommends standards and procedures, and issues licenses. The Board also receives and reviews complaints; requests investigations, conducts hearings, and issues subpoenas; examines witnesses and administers oaths; and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements.
The Mayor appoints the board members, including the chair. The Board consists of five DC residents: three licensed occupational therapists, one occupational therapy assistant, and one consumer. The therapists must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer must be at least 18 years old, not be a health professional or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved in providing health care. Licenses expire on September 30 of odd years.
- Occupational Therapy Application Package
- Supervised Practice Form [PDF]
- Online License Renewal
- Paper Renewal Form [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check
- CEUs and Courses Approved by the Board
- CEU Approval Applications
- NBCOT Exam
- Board Members
- Calendar and Board Meeting Agendas
- Board Newsletter
- DC Municipal Regulations for Occupational Therapy [PDF]
- Health Occupations Revision Act [PDF]
- Verify an Application Status
- Search for an OT and OTA
- Meeting Minutes-Open Session