The Board of Psychology regulates the practice of psychology in DC. The Board advises the Mayor and administers and enforces the law. The Board also evaluates applicants' qualifications and administers exams, recommends standards and procedures, and issues licenses. Moreover, the Board receives and reviews complaints; requests investigations, conducts hearings, issues subpoenas, examines witnesses, and administers oaths; and issues an annual report. Members must file personal financial disclosure statements.
The Mayor appoints all board members, including the chair. The Board consists of five DC residents: four licensed psychologists and one consumer. The psychologists must have been engaged in practice for at least three years preceding appointment. The consumer member must be at least 18 years old, not a health professional, or in training to become one, and may have no household member who is involved directly or indirectly in providing care. Licenses expire on December 31 of odd years.
Board of Psychology Next Meeting has been Scheduled on October 13, 2016 at 4 pm to 6 pm in Room 249.
- Psychology Application Package
- Psychology Associates Application Package
- Online License Renewal
- Paper License Renewal [PDF]
- Search for a Licensee
- File a Complaint [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Psychology [PDF]
- DC Municipal Regulations for Psychology Associate [PDF]
- Criminal Background Check
- EPPP Exam
- Jurisprudence Study Material [PDF]
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Board of Psychology Newsletter [PDF]
- Board of Psychology Calendar and Meeting Agendas
- Board of Psychology Meeting Minutes